Performance Tips: Oracle¶
- Please always use the most recent version of Bingo.
- Please store as little data as possible in the indexed table. See the “Performance Notice” in the user manual for details.
- Oracle 10 and 11 usually perform better than Oracle 9.
- Please turn off the
ARCHIVELOGoption in your database instance. This saves a significant amount of time and disk space during indexing.
- Bingo takes advantage of multi-core processors. The number of
indexing threads is detected automatically. If you want, for some
reason, to use some specific number of threads, use the
- You can disable the computation of specific fingerprint parts (saving both time and disk space) by setting the relevant parameter to zero. See the corresponding section of the user manual for details.
- While running search queries, try not to close your SQL session until you really need to close it. See the note in the user manual for details.
- Please increase Oracle’s “database buffers” parameter as much as you can, given the extent of server’s memory. This step may require activation of manual memory management in Oracle.